A vegetarian dish that is very easy and extremely tasty. It will also be a crowd favourite and before you know it this dish will be a dish you plate up every time you are entertaining.
A nice aspect of this dish is that you can use any vegetables you like. This dish also holds well, ensure you store in a sealable container (holds up to 3 days).
INGREDIENTS FOR Vegetables and Noodle Salad
- 1 capsicum – green/red and yellow
- 4 -5 celery sticks (roughly chopped)
- 2 – 3 carrots (roughly chopped)
- 2 onions (roughly chopped)
- spring onions – a bunch (finely chopped)
- ½ broccoli (roughly chopped)
- ½ cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- green peαs – handful (whole)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- white wine (splash)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Vegetables and Noodle Salad
- On high heat add olive oil to a large pan or wok.
- Once pan or wok has heated up, add onions – stirring through (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add celery, carrots, peas, capsicums – stirring through (approx. 5 minutes).
- When vegetables soften, add salt & pepper (to taste) adding broccoli & cauliflower – stirring through (approx. 5 minutes).
- Cover pan or wok and allow to simmer (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add white wine – stirring through vegetables and covering pan or work for approximately a further 5 minutes.
- Check vegetables to ensure they have softened, adding spring onions and covering pan or wok – turning the heat off.
- Prepare noodles, applying boiled water to noodles – stirring noodles through for approximately 5 minutes.
- Strain noodles and add cold tap water over hot noodles straining noodles once done and add to a large bowl.
- Assemble by adding vegetables to noodles – stirring through thoroughly.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and chilli sauce to the mixture – stirring through thoroughly.
- Plate up in a large bowl.
TIP: Adding cold water to hot noodles when straining will ensure noodles do not stick to one another.