Lemon roasted potatoes with herbs. (Greek cuisine)
Ask any Greek what their favourite accompanying dish is and 9/10 will respond “potatoes”. In most cases oven baked or as Greek’s would say “Sto Fourno” would be their response. This method is very moreish and can accompany any main meal as a side. Try this method for yourself and guarantee this will not be the last time.
LEMON ROASTED POTATOES WITH HERBS. (GREEK CUISINE)
- 8 Large potatoes.
- Salt & pepper (to taste).
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 Tablespoon dry mixed herbs.
- Splash of white wine.
- 1 Tablespoon oregano.
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon.
- 2 Lemons (juice).
- Olive oil.
Instructions how to make Lemon Roasted Potatoes with herbs. (Greek cuisine)
- Wash & peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in wedges, placing wedges in a bowl of cold water.
- Oil base of the baking tray (generous coating).
- Place wedges into the tray.
- Add generous amounts of salt & pepper, oregano, garlic powder & mixed herbs.
- Add Splash of White Wine, lemon zest and the juices of 2 lemons.
- Cover baking tray with baking paper & aluminium foil.
- Oven back for 30 minutes (covered) and a further 10 minutes uncovered.