A very quick and easy fresh salad which is a perfect summer delight. This salad is the ideal accompaniment with any main course.
INGREDIENTS FOR Green Garden Salad
- spring onion – a bunch (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 cucumbers (roughly chopped)
- parsley – a bunch (roughly chopped)
- 250 grams of feta cheese (to taste)
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
- lemon juice of 1 lemon
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano (to taste)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR Green Garden Salad
- Wash lettuce.
- Roughly chop lettuce, spring onions adding to a large salad bowl.
- Crush garlic adding to lettuce and spring onion mixture.
- Add roughly chopped red onions, cucumbers and parsley, adding to salad mixture.
- Apply salt and pepper (to taste), oregano, the zest and juice of one lemon.
- Add olive oil (to taste) and toss salad before serving up.