Eggplant & zucchini fried chips.
Fun facts: There are 25 calories in 100 grams (3.5 ounces) of Eggplant. It is composed of 92% water, 6% carbohydrates, 1% protein, and negligible fat. A zucchini has more potassium than a banana.
INGREDIENTS for Eggplant & zucchini fried chips.
- 5 Eggplants.
- 5 Zucchinis.
- 2 Garlic cloves (Smashed).
- Corn flakes crumbs (Coating ingredients).
- Potato starch (Coating ingredients).
- Canola oil (For frying).
- Lemon to serve with the dish.
Directions for eggplant & zucchini fried chips.
- We cut the top head of the eggplants. Once that is done, we wash the eggplants, and peel them.
- Cut the eggplants into strips (Look above picture, Cut the eggplants into strips).
- Add salt.
- We follow the same procedure for the zucchinis, except we don’t peel them. (If the zucchinis are long, cut them in half).
- Add salt.
- Add 1 smashed garlic clove to the zucchinis and mix well.
- Back to the eggplants now, wash the eggplants under running water and place them on top of a towel to dry.
- Once you dried them, put the eggplants and the smashed garlic clove into a bowl and mix them well.
- Have 3 bowls out, one for the corn flakes crumbs, one for the potato starch and one for the water.
- We now grab our first eggplant, dip it in the potato starch, then we dip it in the water and finally to the corn flakes crumbs.
- We do this procedure until we coat all our eggplants and zucchinis.
- Add olive oil in the fry pan. Once the oil is hot, start adding the eggplants and zucchinis to start frying.
- Fry them for 5 minutes or until they develop a golden colour. Take them out and place them on plate that has napkins on (this is to absorb the excess oil).
- Serve the eggplant & zucchini fried chips on a plate.
- Add lemons.