One cup of cooked Πλιγούρι provides 151 calories and 33.8 grams of carbohydrate. One cup of Πλιγούρι also provides 8 grams of fiber, and a very small amount of naturally-occurring sugar (0.2 grams). The rest of the carbs in Πλιγούρι is starch.
Ingredients for Bulgur wheat recipe (Πλιγουρι)
- 1 Cup πλιγούρι – Bulgur.
- ½ Cup spaghetti tagliati No.69.
- 3 – 4 ripe tomatoes.
- 3 large brown onions.
- Salt & pepper (to taste).
- White wine (to taste).
- ¼ Cup of olive oil.
- Soy sauce (optional).
- Feta cheese (as a side – optional).
- Yoghurt (traditionally served with Πλιγούρι – Bulgur).
Instructions for Bulgur wheat recipe (Πλιγουρι)
- Roughly chop onion & tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to medium size pot – heat on high and onions to pot once olive oil is sizzling.
- Onions need to brown this step could take 10-15 minutes (take your time).
- Once onions have browned add splash of good white wine (optional).
- Add 1 cup Πλιγούρι – Bulgur to pot stirring through – ensure all grains get coated (10-15 minutes).
- Add tomatoes to pot stirring through (5 minutes).
- 3 cups of boiled water to every 1 cup Πλιγούρι – Bulgur added to pot (mix through well).
- Optional – add 1 chicken stock cube (dissolved) with the last cup of boiled water.
- Salt & pepper (to taste) – stir through the mixture.
- Cover pot with lid and allow liquid to reduce (5-10 minutes).
- Add Spaghetti
No.69 – stir through the mixture and covering pot for further 5-10 minutes. tagliati
- Once the
liquidhas almost dissolved, turn the heatoff and using dry cloth cover pot placing the lidover the cloth (5 minutes).